Date: May 27 2020, 4 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
As part of the Task Force Cabin Fever series, Eryn from The Hub in Brunssum, gives us helpful information and tips on outdoor activities while she showcases the equipment rentals from Outdoor Rec.
Follow us on our USAG Benelux Family and MWR Facebook page to watch this video series live. If you miss the scheduled time slot, the videos are uploaded to our Facebook page for your viewing convenience.
This is a teaser on what amazing equipment ODR Equipment Rental has. We can't wait to serve you once The Hub reopens!
Check out our tips on grill maintenance:
With proper maintenance your grill will give you lots of fun and safe barbecues. The 3 main steps to maintaining your grill are general maintenance, annual maintenance, and safety.
STEP 1: Start off with your annual maintenance:
- Be sure to give your grill a thorough cleaning the beginning and end of every season.
- Mixing equal amounts of white vinegar and water in a spray bottle, coat the inside of your grill and let sit closed for an hour. Then brush and wipe clean with a cloth.
- Clean the grate with dishwashing soap or oven cleaner. Be sure not to get oven cleaner on anything but the grate. It can damage the finish on other surfaces.
- Remove any rust from the exterior of your grill using steel wool and paint with a high temp paint made for grills.
STEP 2: Now let’s take care of general maintenance:
- To prevent food from sticking, lightly coat the grill with peanut oil before starting up the grill.
- After cooking, scrub the grill using a grill brush while it is still warm.
- After your grill cools, wipe up any spills to prevent corrosion.
- Keep your grill covered with a proper grill cover when storing.
STEP 3: Now for the most important step, SAFETY:
- Never light your grill while the lid is closed.
- Do not use your grill within 10ft of anything flammable.
- Store propane tanks outside, sheltered from direct sunlight, when not in use.
- Check all fittings before each use for leaks.
- Always make sure your grill is on a flat even surface and away from stairs or edges of decks.
Watch Eryn for more demonstrations!