- Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is eligible to use the Fitness Centers?
Eligible patrons include active duty Military, retired Military, and reservists along with their ID-card-holding family members; DOD, AAFES, DECA, APF, NAF employees and their family members; NATO and Host Nation civilians directly employed by USAG Benelux.
2. What are acceptable forms of ID for access to the Fitness Centers?
All patrons are required to present a valid U.S. Military ID card or a NATO blue ID card in order to register in the RecTrac data base. Patrons will be required to complete the Family and MWR RecTrac Pass Registration Application prior to their first admittance to the facility. Swiping of U.S./NATO ID card is mandatory for all patrons.
3. How does an authorized patron access the facilities?
Sign in by swiping ID card with each use. Be prepared to show identification upon request when signing into the Fitness Center.
Please note that Host Nation employees may be directed to use the Fitness Center during non-peak hours.
4. What is the youth age policy for the Fitness Centers?
- Children (Teens) who are 16 and older may use the Fitness Center without parental supervision.
- Children (Teens) who are 13-15 years of age may use the cardiovascular and strength areas only when they are actively participating in the same activity as, and under the direct and interactive supervision of, a parent or legal guardian at all times.
- Children who are 12 year of age and younger will not be allowed in the cardiovascular or strength areas.
- Children who are 4 years of age and older will use gender-appropriate showers, locker rooms and restrooms.
5. Are strollers or baby carriages allowed in the fitness area?
No. Strollers and baby carriages create a safety issue.
6. Can I request specific music to be played?
No. Only AFN radio stations are allowed.
7. Do the physical fitness centers have a dress code?
Yes. Appropriate and clean athletic attire must be worn. No street clothes or shoes with cleats are allowed while utilizing the facility. Soiled garments and shoes will not be worn in the facility. If working out in uniform, boots are not allowed in the cardio room, on upholstered surfaces or on the Nautilus Equipment (weight lifting equipment). Jeans, dress pants, cut offs, etc. are prohibited. Shirt and shoes are required at all times. No exposed midriffs. Flip-flops are prohibited. Appropriate athletic attire will be determined by facility personnel on a case-by-case basis.
- USAREUR Commander's Cup Program
The purpose of the Commander's Cup Program is to recognize Battalions and Separate Units that accumulate the highest number of points from consistent involvement, participation, and team achievement in Garrison sporting and recreation activities. Sports and fitness events included in the Commander's Cup Program are the following: softball, combat cross country, flag football, basketball, soccer, volleyball, Army 10-miler qualifying race, combatives, running events and installation hosted events (i.e. boxing, golf, obstacle courses, pool, etc.). By Promoting physical fitness, troop morale and esprit de corps, this sports program will provide opportunities for participation in a variety of individual and team sports. It is designed to develop team cooperation and effectiveness through athletic competition, self-confidence and leadership qualities via a competitive and recreational channel.
The Fitness Center is located at USAG Benelux-Brunssum and offers a well-balanced fitness training program with aerobic, anaerobic, Nautilus, and free-weight activities.
Cardiovascular conditioning can be improved with the use of the wide variety of Life Fitness Cardio equipment.
The weight training area is equipped for the beginner to the advanced.